UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 20
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
Jan 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 110-121 points, or 1.9-2.1 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 1.8 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 96.88 points higher, or 1.7 percent, at 5,876.80 points on Tuesday after Chinese GDP figures met expectations while leaving room for further stimulus.
* SHELL: One of the world's largest oil companies, Royal Dutch Shell , expects its roughly $49 billion takeover of rival BG Group to conclude in "a matter of weeks", it said on Wednesday.
* BG GROUP: Britain's BG Group, which is close to concluding a takeover from rival energy company Shell, beat 2015 production targets due to a ramp-up from fields in Australia, Brazil and Norway, it said on Wednesday.
* FRESNILLO: Silver and gold miner Fresnillo Plc said its full-year silver production was at the top end of its guidance, and that its gold production exceeded its guidance, helped by production at its Saucito and Herradura mines.
* PETS AT HOME: Britain's biggest pet shop group, Pets at Home, said trading for the fiscal year remained in line with forecasts as it posted a 7.1 percent rise in third-quarter revenue.
* WH SMITH: British books, newspaper and stationery retailer WH Smith Plc expects full-year profit "slightly ahead" of expectations after a strong sales performance at its High Street business over the Christmas period. Continuación...