US STOCKS-Futures lower as oil prices retreat
* Futures down: Dow 51 pts, S&P 4.5 pts, Nasdaq 12.5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Jan 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Monday after last week's rally in oil prices lost steam.
* Crude prices resumed their slide after a strong two-day rally as output from Iraq reached record highs.
* U.S. stocks logged their first positive week of the year last week, with the three indexes closing up 2 percent on Friday.
* All eyes will be on the U.S. Federal Reserve's next move on interest rates when the Federal Open Market Committee meets on Jan. 26-27.
* Investors, already rattled by the volatile start to the year and a persistent decline in oil prices, now turn to quarterly corporate results with lowered expectations.
* Quarterly profits at S&P 500 companies are expected to fall 4.3 percent, according to Thomson Reuters data. Excluding energy companies, earnings are estimated to grow by 1.7 percent.
* Dow component McDonald's is scheduled to report results before the bell. Continuación...