UPDATE 3-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan. 28
(Adds company news)
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening lower by 36-40 points, or 0.6-0.7 percent, according to financial bookmakers. Futures were up marginally ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue-chip index closed up 1.3 percent at 5,990.37 on Wednesday, helped by a surge in software firm Sage Group Plc and a rebound in mining and energy stocks as oil prices rose.
* BHP BILLITON: Brazilian miner Samarco Mineracao SA, in which BHP Billiton owns a 50 percent stake, said on Wednesday it evacuated some workers after rain caused a mudslide at the site where an iron ore tailings damn burst in November.
* FIRSTGROUP: British transport company FirstGroup warned that profit would come in lower than it expected, blaming wet weather and flooding in Britain and driver shortages in the United States.
* 3I GROUP: British private equity firm 3i Group Plc reported its net asset value rose in its third quarter, despite what it described as a challenging market environment.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Global mining company Anglo American boosted its total annual iron ore output as a ramp-up at its Minas-Rio mine offset lower output at its Kumba subsidiary.
* GRAINGER: Residential landlord Grainger Plc announced an overhaul of its business, including the disposal of two non-core units and a 10 percent reduction in jobs, as it looks to focus on the fast-growing domestic private rental sector (PRS). Continuación...