US STOCKS-Futures little changed as Fed stays on course
* Futures: Dow down 12 pts, S&P up 2.5 pts, Nasdaq up 23.5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Jan 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were largely unchanged on Thursday, a day after the U.S. Federal Reserve gave little indication of slowing the pace of interest rate hikes despite the turbulence in global markets.
* The Fed kept rates unchanged and said it was "closely monitoring" global economic and financial developments.
* Benchmark Brent crude was up nearly 1 percent, after Russian officials decided to talk to Saudi Arabia and other OPEC countries about cutting production to help prices.
* U.S. stocks closed sharply lower on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 falling more than 1 percent, after the Fed's statement failed to impress some investors.
* Investors and the central bank will now look to economic data for clarity on the health of the U.S. economy.
* Separate reports on Thursday are expected to show durable goods orders fell 0.6 percent in December, while jobless claims likely fell to 282,000 last week. Both reports are due at 8:30 a.m. ET (1330 GMT).
* Dow component Visa is slated to report before the bell, and tech heavyweights Microsoft and Amazon are among those expected to report results after the close. Continuación...