UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 1
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 23 points, or 0.4 percent, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.9 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 152 points higher on Friday at 6,083.79 points, cheered by the Bank of Japan's decision to adopt negative interest rates to boost its economy.
* BT GROUP: Britain's BT Group said on Monday it would restructure its businesses to incorporate mobile operator EE, as it reported its best revenue growth for more than seven years in the third quarter.
* HSBC: Europe's largest lender is imposing a hiring and pay freeze across the bank globally in 2016, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* BARCLAYS: Barclays and Credit Suisse have settled federal and state charges that they misled investors in their dark pools, with Barclays admitting it broke the law and agreeing to pay $70 million.
* COUNTRYSIDE: British property developer Countryside Properties on Monday set a price range of 225 pence to 275 pence per share for its initial public offering, hoping to raise up to 114 million pounds ($162.6 million).
* SWEETT GROUP: The provider of professional services for the construction industry said on Monday its board had resolved to close MENA and exit the region. Continuación...