US STOCKS-Wall St set to open lower after weak Chinese data
* Chinese factory activity contracts at fastest pace since 2012
* Fed vice-chair to speak at 1 p.m. ET
* Google, Mattel to report after the close
* Twitter jumps after rumors of private equity deal
* Futures down: Dow 118 pts, S&P 15 pts, Nasdaq 24 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were set to open lower on Monday, starting February on a dour note as weak economic data out of China exacerbated concerns about a global slowdown and oil prices resumed their downward spiral.
The data from China showed that the world's second-largest economy's manufacturing sector contracted in January at the fastest pace since 2012.
Oil prices fell after the China data added to worries about demand and an OPEC source played down talk of an emergency meeting to stem the decline. Oil prices have fallen more than 70 percent since mid-2014. Continuación...