US STOCKS-Wall St drops as weak Chinese data points to slowdown
* Chinese factory activity contracts at fastest pace since 2012
* Fed vice-chair to speak at 1 p.m. ET
* Google, Mattel to report after the close
* Twitter jumps after rumors of private equity deal
* Indexes down: Dow 0.46 pct, S&P 0.48 pct, Nasdaq 0.25 pct (Adds details, changes quote, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks pulled back on Monday as weak Chinese economic data exacerbated concerns about a global slowdown and oil prices resumed their slide.
The data from China showed that the world's second-largest economy's manufacturing sector contracted in January at the fastest pace since 2012.
Oil prices fell about 4 percent after the China data added to worries about demand and an OPEC source played down talk of an emergency meeting to stem the decline. Oil prices have fallen more than 70 percent since mid-2014. Continuación...