US STOCKS-Wall St opens lower after weak economic data, earnings
* Weekly employment numbers rise more than expected
* GoPro slumps after revenue forecast falls below estimates
* Ralph Lauren falls after reporting decline in sales
* Dollar index falls to more than three-month low
* Dow up 0.08 pct, S&P down 0.16 pct, Nasdaq down 0.47 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
Feb 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were lower on Thursday after weak economic data and a spate of poor corporate results heightened investors' fears of a slowdown in the economy.
Data showed that the number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits rose more than expected last week and nonfarm productivity fell in the fourth quarter at its fastest pace in more than a year.
The numbers come before the keenly awaited monthly employment data released by the government on Friday. Continuación...