CORRECTED-US STOCKS-Wall St down over 2 pct as tech rout deepens, oil drops
(Corrects paragraph 6 to say Chesapeake had tapped existing adviser Kirkland & Ellis to explore restructuring options, not that Kirkland & Ellis had been hired)
* Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Google lower
* U.S. crude falls below $30 per barrel
* Chesapeake hit by report it hired restructuring lawyers
* Cognizant fall after weak forecast
* Indexes down: Dow 2.08 pct, S&P 2.13 pct, Nasdaq 2.58 pct
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Wall Street was deep in the red on Monday, as technology stocks extended a selloff from Friday and U.S. crude oil slipped below $30 per barrel, sending investors scurrying for cover to safe-haven assets.
The technology-heavy Nasdaq Composite fell 2 percent to its lowest since October 2014, weighed down by Microsoft and Facebook, while the Dow Jones industrial average shed more than 300 points. Continuación...