CORRECTED-US STOCKS-Wall St in selloff mode as techs extend rout, oil falls
(Corrects paragraph 5 to say Chesapeake had tapped existing adviser Kirkland & Ellis to explore restructuring options, not that Kirkland & Ellis had been hired)
* Heavyweights Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon lead sell off
* Chesapeake hit by report it hired restructuring lawyers
* Big banks lead financial sector lower
* Cognizant fall after weak forecast
* Indexes down: Dow 2.12 pct, S&P 2.17 pct, Nasdaq 2.73 pct
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Wall Street was deep in the red in volatile trading on Monday, as technology stocks continued to sell off and oil prices remained under pressure, sending investors scurrying to safe-haven assets.
The technology-heavy Nasdaq Composite fell nearly 3 percent to its lowest since October 2014, weighed down by Microsoft , Amazon and Facebook, while the Dow Jones industrial average shed more than 350 points. Continuación...