UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 16
(Adds oil prices, updates futures)
Feb 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen to open up by 24-26 points, or 0.4-0.5 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. Futures were up 0.5 percent at 0746 GMT. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue-chip index closed up 116.68 points, or 2 percent, at 5,825.17 on Monday, extending its recovery from three-year lows hit last week, helped by a surge in consumer goods group Reckitt Benckiser.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Global miner Anglo American on Tuesday said it planned to sell Kumba Iron Ore as it posted a decline in full-year profit amid a plunge in commodity prices.
The miner's debt was downgraded further into "junk" territory by Moody's Investor Service on Monday, which cited a deterioration in commodities market conditions and doubts over how long it would take the company to reduce debt levels.
* OIL: Brent crude prices surged 6 percent to a near two-week high on Tuesday as the oil ministers of Saudi Arabia, Russia, Qatar and Venezuela have started a closed-door meeting in Doha, which spurred speculation of an eventual deal to tackle a deep supply glut.
* MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS: Merlin Entertainments, the operator of Sea Life centres and Legoland theme parks in Europe, North America and Asia, named Anne-Francoise Nesmes as its new chief financial officer from Aug. 1.
* MONDI: Paper maker Mondi said it expected its full-year basic headline earnings per share to increase between 22 and 27 percent. Continuación...