US STOCKS-Futures lower as oil rally falters
* Futures down: Dow 75 pts, S&P 9.25 pts, Nasdaq 22 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Friday after a rally in oil prices fizzled out.
* Crude prices fell about 2 percent, with U.S. crude hovering at $30 per barrel after a record increase in U.S. stockpiles.
* Oil prices and the stock market have moved in lockstep for much of the year as investors look at demand for energy for a bearing on global economic health.
* European stocks were also pushed back, while Asian shares slipped from near three-week highs.
* Oil prices rose more than 14 percent in the three days to Thursday after a move by top exporters to freeze oil output at January's levels. Iran endorsed the plan without commitment on Wednesday.
* That fueled a three-day on Wall Street as well, which snapped on Thursday as oil prices fell on U.S. inventory data.
* Adding to the pressure was disappointing holiday-quarter results from Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer. Continuación...