US STOCKS-Futures fall as crude oil slides again
* Futures down: Dow 141 pts, S&P 16 pts, Nasdaq 48.75 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Feb 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Wednesday as oil prices fell after top producer Saudi Arabia ruled out production cuts.
* U.S. crude oil prices were down more than 3 percent, also pressured by data showing an increase in stockpiles.
* Stocks have closely tracked oil prices this year as investors fret about the health of the global economy.
* Global stocks also fell, while increased demand for traditional safe havens drove up gold prices and the dollar.
* U.S. stocks slid on Tuesday, as last week's rally lost steam.
* The S&P 500 is down 6 percent for the year, while the Nasdaq composite has shed more than 10 percent.
* The S&P financial sector is the worst performer among the 10 major S&P sectors, down 12.5 percent in the last two months, as banks brace for defaults from beleaguered oil and gas companies and face the brunt of volatile financial markets. Continuación...