US STOCKS-Wall St falls as financials slide; oil prices recover
* Big banks fall; weigh on financial sector
* JP Morgan down after signalling rough first quarter
* Crude prices recoup losses
* Boeing down after Goldman cuts price target
* Indexes down: Dow 0.69 pct, S&P 0.62 pct, Nasdaq 0.33 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Feb 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes were lower on Wednesday, dragged down by financial stocks, as plunging oil prices, low interest rates and turbulent global markets take a toll on banks.
The S&P financial sector, already the worst performing sector this year, fell 1.5 percent and was the biggest loser among the 10 major sectors on the S&P 500.
Shares of Wells Fargo, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup were among the worst hit. Continuación...