UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 25
(Adds company news and futures)
Feb 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 74-77 points, or 1.3 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. Futures were up 1.2 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index FTSE 100 ended down 1.6 percent at 5,867.18 on Wednesday, as mining stocks and FTSE heavyweight Standard Chartered came under pressure for a second straight session.
* MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS: Merlin Entertainments reported flat profit for 2015, held back by a drop in visitors to its Alton Towers theme park in Britain after a rollercoaster crash in June left four people seriously injured.
* LLOYDS BANKING GROUP: Lloyds Banking Group on Thursday said its shareholders would get a special dividend of 0.5 pence a share, demonstrating its recovery from the financial crisis despite having to set aside an extra 2.1 billion pounds in the fourth quarter to compensate customers mis-sold loan insurance.
* RELX: RELX Plc, Europe's largest media group, said it increased its dividend for 2015 and also its buyback target for 2016.
* COUNTRYWIDE: Countrywide reported a 16-percent fall in 2015 pre-tax profit as Britain's largest estate agency by revenue said it struggled to maintain its share of sales outside of London.
* RSA: British insurer RSA posted a 2015 operating profit of 523 million pounds ($728.3 million), up 43 percent on a year earlier, it said on Thursday. Continuación...