UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 29
(Adds futures, Genel, Hiscox)
Feb 29 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down around 56 points, or 0.9 percent, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers with futures down 0.9 to 1.2 percent, ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 1.38 percent higher on Friday at 6,096.01, boosted by a rally in publisher Pearson and London Stock Exchange Group , though Royal Bank of Scotland reported its eighth full-year loss in a row.
* LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE: The proposed merger of Europe's two biggest financial exchanges is effectively bullet-proofed against a British vote to leave the European Union, London Stock Exchange Group and Deutsche Boerse said on Friday.
* JKX OIL & GAS: JKX Oil & Gas Plc set out potential liabilities of $41 million from Ukrainian cases as its new board tries to restore investor confidence with more disclosures.
* GENEL ENERGY: Oil producer Genel Energy Plc said it expected to book about $1 billion in impairment to the 2015 value of its Taq Taq oilfield in Iraqi Kurdistan, citing reduced recoverable reserves at the field and falling oil prices.
* HISCOX LTD: Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox Ltd reported a 6.5 percent fall in full-year pretax profit, as falling insurance rates offset gains from a benign natural catastrophe year.
* HIKMA PHARMACEUTICALS: Drug manufacturer Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc will sell the rights and assets of two generic drugs and relinquish its U.S. marketing rights to a third generic drug in order to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that Hikma's proposed $2 billion acquisition of Roxane would likely be anticompetitive, the FTC said on Friday. Continuación...