UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 23
(Adds futures, Lloyd's of London, Kingfisher, Sports Direct, AstraZeneca)
March 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 13 points, or 0.2 percent lower, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.1 percent on Tuesday at 6,192.74, as investors flocked to safe haven assets after travel and leisure stocks fell following explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station in the city.
* BRUSSELS: Islamic State claimed responsibility for suicide bomb attacks on Brussels airport and a rush-hour metro train in the Belgian capital on Tuesday which killed at least 30 people, with police hunting a suspect who fled the air terminal.
* LSEG: Some of Deutsche Boerse AG's largest shareholders are cautioning the company's management to not overpay for London Stock Exchange Group Plc if a company was to make a rival bid, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter. (bloom.bg/1Reo5yL)
* LLOYD'S OF LONDON: The Lloyd's of London insurance market reported a 30 percent drop in pre-tax profit to 2.1 billion pounds on Wednesday, hit by a fall in investment returns and pressure on prices.
* KINGFISHER: Kingfisher Plc, Europe's largest home improvement retailer, beat forecasts with a 0.3 percent rise in annual profit, though it said it remained cautious on the outlook for France, its most profitable market.
* SPORTS DIRECT: Sports Direct International Plc, Britain's biggest sportswear retailer, said on Wednesday it expected its full-year core earnings to come in at or around the bottom of a previously announced range. Continuación...