US STOCKS-Futures higher as oil recovers; Fed minutes awaited
* Futures up: Dow 27 pts, S&P 3.75 pts, Nasdaq 7 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
April 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday as oil rose and investors awaited the release of minutes from Federal Reserve's March policy meeting.
* Crude rose more than 2 percent on renewed hopes of a deal by producers to freeze output and cut a global glut.
* Investors will parse the minutes to gain insight into the Fed's thinking on the state of the economy and monetary policy.
* The market has been grappling with mixed signals from central bank officials, with some supporting an aggressive plan to raise rates, while Fed Chair Janet Yellen staying cautious.
* Several Fed officials are slated to speak on Wednesday, including Cleveland Fed President Loretta Mester and St. Louis Fed President James Bullard. Both are voting members of the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee.
* Adding to the uncertainty was a barrage of mixed data suggesting a recovering U.S. economy could still be susceptible to risks from a weak global economy.
* Wall Street fell sharply on Tuesday as investors booked profits from a recent rally, leaving the S&P 500 flat for 2016. Continuación...