UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 13
(Adds futures, Premier Foods, Tesco, Jupiter Fund Management)
April 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 37 points, or 0.6 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.6 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 42.27 points, or 0.7 percent, at 6,242.39 points on Tuesday, buoyed by a rally in the energy sector after oil prices rose on a report that Saudi Arabia and Russia had reached agreement on output restrictions.
* TESCO: Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, on Wednesday reported its first quarter of underlying UK sales growth for over three years, showing its recovery is gaining momentum.
* PREMIER FOODS: U.S. spice maker McCormick Foods walked away from its takeover proposal for British food company Premier Foods on Wednesday.
* JUPITER FUND MANAGEMENT: Jupiter Fund Management said on Wednesday that total assets had increased by 1.4 percent in the first quarter to 36.2 billion pounds ($51.57 billion), helped by net inflows into its European equity and global bond funds.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton will lay off about 7 percent of the 1,060 workers at its Spence copper mine in Chile, the mine's union said on Tuesday.
* HSBC: Shareholders should reject the executive pay plans of Britain's biggest bank HSBC and the re-election of chairman Douglas Flint at its annual general meeting, a leading shareholder advisory group said on Tuesday. Continuación...