US STOCKS-Futures rise on strong Chinese trade data
* Futures rise: Dow 99 pts, S&P 12.25 pts, Nasdaq 33.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
April 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday after strong Chinese trade data raised hopes that the world's second largest economy was beginning to recover.
* JPMorgan Chase & Co kicked off big bank earnings on Wednesday with higher-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue. The stock was up 2.3 percent at $60.65 in premarket trading.
* The results helped other bank stocks, with Bank of America rising 2.6 percent and Citigroup gaining 2 percent.
* Financials stocks have taken a beating in recent weeks over the uncertainty surrounding the U.S. Federal Reserve's plan to raise interest rates and a looming wave of defaults from energy companies.
* Data on Tuesday showed Chinese exports rose 11.5 percent in March, their first increase in nine months, while imports fell less than expected.
* Global markets logged strong gains as investor sentiment rose on the surprise upbeat data.
* Crude fell about 1 percent on Wednesday, reversing course from a strong rally on Tuesday, on fears that a potential freeze in production may do little to curb a global glut. Continuación...