UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 18
(Adds futures, company news items)
April 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 58 points, or 0.9 percent, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.96 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.3 percent lower on Friday at 6,343.75, as stagnation at the top end of the housing market allied to persistent concerns about a possible British exit from the European Union put pressure on house builders.
* CENTRICA: Britain's largest energy supplier Centrica said on Monday it had lost another 1.5 percent of its home energy accounts in the first quarter, highlighting the company's market share continues to be under severe pressure from rivals.
* RECKITT BENCKISER: Reckitt Benckiser reported slightly better-than-expected quarterly sales on Monday and affirmed its full-year forecast after a severe flu season boosted sales of medicines and other health products.
* STOCK SPIRIT: Vodka maker Stock Spirits Group Plc, bowing to pressure from its largest shareholder, on Monday said Chief Executive Chris Heath would step down with immediate effect to take early retirement.
* SPIRENT/JOHN MENZIES: Spirent Communications Plc, a British telecoms testing provider, said it appointed Paula Bell as chief financial officer effective Sept. 5. Bell is currently chief financial officer of John Menzies, having joined in 2013.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: A leading investor advisory firm has urged shareholders to reject the remuneration report for Anglo American's executives at the company's annual meeting, saying it was too generous given the miner's share price collapse. Continuación...