UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 20
(Adds futures, company news items)
April 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 20 points, or 0.3 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.41 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 51.83 points higher on Tuesday at 6,405.35, having risen to its highest level in four months, lifted by stronger mining and banking stocks.
* BHP BILLITON: Mining giant BHP Billiton followed rival Rio Tinto in trimming its iron ore output guidance on Wednesday, helping to ease pressure on an over supplied market.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton is considering quitting its coal assets in Indonesia, where it recently started shipping steel-making coal from a small mine, amid uncertainty over Indonesian regulations and a weak outlook for coal.
* ARM Holdings: ARM Holdings, the provider of technology for the iPhone, reported a 14 percent rise in first-quarter profit, outperforming a weak semiconductor market as its most advanced chips were used in an increasing number of smartphones.
* METRO BANK: British lender Metro Bank Plc's first-quarter underlying loss after tax narrowed, driven by strong growth in residential mortgages and commercial lending.
* N BROWN GROUP: British plus-size fashion retailer N Brown Group Plc expects a hit of about 3 million pounds ($4.31 million) on full-year profit before tax in the new financial year, and said trading so far has been subdued. Continuación...