UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 21
(Adds futures, company news items)
April 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 15 points, or 0.2 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.12 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 4.91 points, or 0.1 percent on Wednesday at 6,410.26, at a fresh year high after a rally in the price of oil spurred gains in commodity-related stocks.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Global mining company Anglo American Plc said iron ore production at its Kumba Iron Ore Ltd unit fell 27 percent in the first quarter as the mine moves to a lower-cost pit configuration.
* SABMILLER: SABMiller sold 4 percent more lager in its most recent quarter than in the year-ago period as momentum improved in the second half of its financial year.
* SMITHS GROUP: French aerospace and defence group Safran said it agreed to sell its U.S.-based Morpho Detection business and other detection-related activities to British engineering conglomerate Smiths Group for an enterprise value of $710 million.
* CENTRICA: British utility group Centrica said on Thursday it has agreed to buy Denmark-based energy management firm Neas Energy for 170 million pounds ($243.9 million) to build on its marketing and trading activities in mainland Europe.
* SKY: Pay-TV and broadband group Sky said it attracted 177,00 new customers in its third quarter, including 46,000 broadband additions in Britain and Ireland, helping revenue rise 5 percent for the first nine months, in line with forecasts. Continuación...