US STOCKS-Futures edge up ahead of the start of Fed meeting
* Futures up: Dow 26 pts, S&P 2.75 pts, Nasdaq 2 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
April 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were slightly higher on Tuesday as investors await the outcome of a two-day U.S. Federal Reserve meeting and earnings reports from major companies such as Apple, AT&T and Ebay.
* Markets see no chance of a U.S. interest rate increase at the meeting that is set to begin on Tuesday but have priced in a one-in-five chance of a hike at the meeting on June 14-15. Fed officials have repeatedly said a hike in June is on the cards.
* While job growth has continues to gain strength, inflation stubbornly remains below the Fed's 2 percent target.
* Oil prices inched higher due to a weaker dollar and hopes for an easing of the global oil glut.
* Investors will also be keeping an eye on economic data due later in the day, which will provide clues regarding the health of the world's largest economy.
* Orders for long-lasting U.S. manufactured goods likely rebounded in March. According to a Reuters survey of economists, durable goods orders probably rose 1.8 percent last month after tumbling 3.0 percent in February. The data is expected at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT).
* The U.S. Conference Board is expected to report at 10 a.m. ET that its consumer confidence index was little changed at 96.0 in April. Continuación...