UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 27
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
April 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 1 point, unchanged in percentage terms, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.29 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.4 percent higher at 6,284.52 points on Tuesday, with Standard Chartered and BP both rising sharply after reporting earnings that reassured investors.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Chilean copper miner on Wednesday reported an increase in copper output in the first quarter versus a year ago, but a decline from the end of 2015, and said it remained focused on savings.
* ASDA: Wal Mart's British supermarket Asda has agreed to change the way it operates promotions after being singled out for criticism by the competition regulator.
* HENDERSON: British fund manager posted a small increase in total assets during a volatile first quarter of 2016, helped by the weak pound and a rise in investments from U.S. retail clients, it said on Wednesday.
* TATA STEEL: Prime Minister David Cameron told the management of India's Tata Steel on Tuesday that any sale of its remaining British assets would have to cover the whole of its business and be given sufficient time to take place.
* AMEC FOSTER: British oil and gas services company Amec Foster Wheeler said it has appointed Halliburton executive Jonathan Lewis as chief executive on Wednesday, replacing long-serving CEO Samir Brikho who left unexpectedly in January. Continuación...