UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 28
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
April 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down by 23 points, or 0.4 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.40 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 35.39 points, or 0.6 percent, at 6,319.91 on Wednesday, boosted by strong results from drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline, while banking stocks were mixed as traders digested latest figures from Barclays and Standard Chartered.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Miner Anglo American said on Thursday it had agreed to sell its niobium and phosphates businesses to China Molybdenum for $1.5 billion in cash to reduce its debt level.
* SCHRODERS: Schroders, Britain's biggest listed asset manager, posted a rise in first-quarter assets on Thursday, boosted by investment returns and inflows from institutional clients.
* LLOYDS BANKING GROUP: Lloyds Banking Group reported underlying profits in line with expectations on Thursday, keeping first-quarter revenues steady and cutting bad debts despite the challenging economic environment.
* WPP: A step up in new business in the United States helped Britain's WPP , the world's biggest advertising company, to report first-quarter like-for-like net sales growth in line with forecasts.
* TAYLOR WIMPEY: Housebuilder Taylor Wimpey Plc said that the uncertainty surrounding Britain's upcoming referendum on its EU membership had not impacted trading yet, as it reported a higher order book for the first four months of the year. Continuación...