US STOCKS-Wall St higher as financial, consumer stocks rise
* Apollo Education jumps on raised buyout offer
* Baidu falls after China probe
* ISM index slips to 50.8 in April vs 51.8 in March
* Oil prices fall about 2 percent
* Indexes up: Dow 0.38 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.17 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan and Tanya Agrawal
May 2 (Reuters) - Wall Street was higher on the first trading day in May on Monday, helped by a rise in financial and consumer discretionary stocks.
Recovering oil prices and an accommodative Federal Reserve have helped the S&P 500 rise 15 percent since February - about 3 percent short of its all-time high.
Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on data after the Fed held monetary policy steady last week and gave no signals that it was in a hurry to tighten further. Continuación...