US STOCKS-US stocks edge up as rise in oil drives energy shares
* Weekly jobless claims rise more than expected
* Tesla reverses premarket gains, falls 4.5 pct
* Alibaba rises after reporting results
* Kraft Heinz jumps to record high after profit tops est.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.22 pct, S&P 0.16 pct, Nasdaq 0.16 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
May 5 (Reuters) - Wall Street trimmed early gains but remained higher in afternoon trading on Thursday as a rise in oil prices boosted energy shares, and investors awaited U.S. jobs data on Friday.
Oil prices jumped about 3 percent as a huge wildfire in Canada's oil sands region and escalating tensions in Libya stoked concerns among investors of a near-term shortage in supply.
Investors are also keeping a keen eye on the jobs data for April as any signs of a strengthening labor market could influence the pace of future rate hikes. Continuación...