UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 12
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
May 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down by 27 points, or 0.4 percent lower on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.1 percent on Wednesday at 6,114.60 points, thanks to a rebound in the mining and oil sectors on the back of stronger commodity prices.
* EURONEXT: Pan-European exchange Euronext reported a nearly 8 percent rise in first-quarter operating profit on Thursday despite a fall in revenue, as the company controlled its expenses.
* VEDANTA RESOURCES: Mining and energy group Vedanta Resources Plc said its full-year core profit fell 37.5 percent, weighed by the slump in the prices of commodities.
* ALDERMORE: Aldermore Group Plc said first-quarter lending rose 6 percent as it added more customers including homeowners and small and medium enterprises.
* DAILY MAIL: Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT) said on Thursday Martin Morgan would step down as chief executive on May 31 and leave the group a month later, earlier than an initial plan to retire by the end of 2016.
* FIRSTGROUP: British transport company FirstGroup on Thursday said it had obtained approval from the country's rail regulator to launch open access rail services between London and Edinburgh. Continuación...