UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 17
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
May 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 18 points, or 0.3 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.2 percent stronger at 6,151.40 on Monday, with a rally in basic resources stocks on the back of stronger metals prices supporting the broader equities market.
* PREMIER FOODS: Premier Foods Plc reported higher fourth-quarter sales of its branded foods, which include Oxo seasonings and Bisto gravy, and said it would take a closer look at streamlining operations in the coming year.
* VODAFONE: Vodafone said its earnings growth would accelerate this year after a programme to improve its networks boosted demand in Europe and helped the group to return to underlying growth in 2016 revenue and core earnings for the first time since 2008.
* LAND SECURITIES: Land Securities Group Plc, Britain's largest listed property developer, said if the UK decided to exit the European Union, it would hurt occupier demand and could reduce commitments around new constructions particularly in London.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca's drive to rebuild its portfolio of new medicines received a boost on Tuesday with positive results for a biotech drug for severe asthma that the company has previously flagged as a potential $2 billion-a-year product.
* RIO: Anglo-Australian mining giant Rio Tinto said on Monday it had submitted feasibility studies to the Guinea government for its massive Simandou iron ore project, considered the world's biggest untapped iron ore deposit. Continuación...