UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 18
(Adds company news, futures)
May 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down by 20 points, or 0.3 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.4 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.3 percent at 6,167.77 on Tuesday, with house builders helping the index higher after Taylor Wimpey announced a special dividend payout to lead gains in the sector.
* LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE GROUP: London Stock Exchange Group Plc will hold its shareholder meeting on the proposed $30 billion merger with Deutsche Boerse in July, the British firm said in an update on Wednesday.
* SABMILLER: Brewer SABMiller posted an 8 percent fall in revenue even as beverage sales rose 2 percent by volume in fiscal year 2016, as foreign currencies struggled against a strong dollar.
* SSE: Britain's second-biggest energy supplier, SSE, said on Wednesday it was considering selling up to a third of its 50-percent ownership gas distribution business SGN to raise cash for shareholders or to reinvest.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca's recently approved ovarian cancer drug Lynparza failed to increase overall survival significantly when given with chemotherapy to patients with gastric cancer in a late-stage trial, the drugmaker said on Wednesday.
* SHELL: Two investor advisory firms have recommended Royal Dutch Shell shareholders oppose the CEO's 2015 remuneration, in the latest sign of rising discontent over pay amid falling oil prices. Continuación...