UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 19
(Adds futures, National Grid, Royal Mail, Thomas Cook, Hargreaves Lansdown, 3I)
May 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 60 points, or nearly 1 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.7 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index on Wednesday ended flat in percentage terms at its close at 6,165.80 points, as luxury goods firm Burberry fell after a slump in its profits and miners tracked weaker metals prices.
* NATIONAL GRID: Britain's National Grid Plc said its full-year pretax profit rose 15 percent, aided by strong growth in its interconnectors and property businesses.
* ROYAL MAIL: Britain's Royal Mail Plc reported a better-than-expected profit for the financial year, as tight cost controls more than made up for losses due to high competition in the UK postal market.
* THOMAS COOK: British holiday company Thomas Cook said its summer bookings were down 5 percent as tourists shunned Turkey, its second-most popular destination last year, leading to a lower forecast for full-year earnings.
* 3I GROUP: British private equity firm 3i Group Plc said its net asset value rose to £4.5 billion ($6.56 billion) in its annual results on Thursday, warning market volatility and Britain's referendum on the European Union would weigh on sentiment.
* HARGREAVES LANSDOWN: British fund supermarket Hargreaves Lansdown bucked weak market sentiment to post a 2.6 percent rise in total assets under administration in the four months to end-April as more clients signed up to its Vantage investing platform. Continuación...