UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 23
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
May 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 7 points, or 0.1 percent, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.1 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 1.7 percent higher on Friday, with bottling company Coca-Cola HBC rallying on the prospects of a margin recovery and commodities stocks partially recovering after slumping in the previous two straight sessions.
* SABMILLER: Brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to win conditional EU approval for its $100 billion-plus takeover of SABMiller after agreeing to substantial asset sales, three people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
* BP: The surprise departure of BP's exploration boss has turned the spotlight on an oil search strategy that, after years of spending cuts, is focusing mainly on expanding existing fields rather than venturing expensively into the unknown.
* RECKITT BENCKISER: Australia's competition watchdog on Monday filed an appeal against the A$1.7 million ($1.2 million) fine a court ordered British consumer goods giant Reckitt Benckiser pay for misleading consumers on painkiller marketing.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: China Molybdenum (CMOC) said Chinese regulators have asked it to disclose how it will finance its $1.5 billion acquisition of Anglo American Plc's niobium and phosphates business in Brazil.
* MARKS & SPENCER: The new boss of British retailer Marks & Spencer will deliver some uncomfortable truths to investors next week: turning around its clothing business will require yet more costly change and could squeeze short-term profits. Continuación...