UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 25
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
May 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 53 points, or 0.9 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.63 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 82.83 points, or 1.4 percent, on Tuesday at 6,219.26 points, bolstered by a rally in banking stocks and a well-received trading statement from Kingfisher.
* MARKS & SPENCER: British retailer Marks & Spencer said on Wednesday its new boss's plan to turn around the firm's underperforming clothing and homewares business would impact short-term profit.
* PENNON GROUP: British water utility Pennon Group Plc said its full year pre-tax profit grew marginally, as strength in its energy recovery unit offset lower water prices set by Britain's regulator.
* BABCOCK: Britain's Babcock International said full-year profit rose 10 percent, underpinned by a strong performance across its engineering and support services business and a robust order book.
* DIXONS CARPHONE: British consumer electricals and mobile phone retailer Dixons Carphone estimated full-year profit towards the top half of its previous range, boosted by strong performance in its mobile phone business in the UK.
* ZOOPLA: British property website Zoopla said it expects annual core earnings at the 'top end' of market expectations after a 53 percent jump in mid-year profit lifted by increased traffic on its site and more agents listing properties on it. Continuación...