UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 1
(Adds company news items)
Aug 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 0.05 percent, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up about 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 3.37 points higher on Friday at 6724.43, underperforming the broader European market as education publisher Pearson slumped after posting results.
* SABMILLER: Brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev cleared a major hurdle towards its takeover of SABMiller with regulatory approval from China on Friday, leaving the acquisition's future in the hands of the British company's board.
* INTERTEK: British testing company Intertek Group ITRK.L said on Monday it was on track to deliver full-year revenue growth at constant currency and that it did not expect Britain's decision to leave the EU to impact its growth opportunities.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE: GlaxoSmithKline said on Monday it had teamed up with Alphabet's life sciences unit to create a new company focused on fighting diseases by targeting electrical signals in the body.
* EQUITIES OUTLOOK: Goldman Sachs has cut its three-month rating on equities to "underweight", saying its risk appetite indicator has turned neutral, which suggests that markets are more vulnerable to growth and policy disappointments.
* GULF KEYSTONE: Norwegian energy firm DNO ASA, hoping to expand its presence in Iraqi Kurdistan, offered to buy rival Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd for $300 million, following the latter's junk bond deal this month. Continuación...