UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 2
(Adds futures, company news)
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down about 0.5 percent on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.4 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 30.5 points lower on Monday at 6693.95 points, with energy stocks slipping on weaker crude oil prices and banks losing ground following the results of the European Union's stress test.
* SABMILLER: Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller, the world's two largest brewers, set out a timetable on Monday for the final stages of their $100 billion-plus merger, with completion of the deal expected in a little more than two months.
* MEGGITT: British car and aeroplane parts maker Meggitt stuck to its annual guidance for low single-digit rise in organic revenue this year, with strong order intake due to boost growth in the second half of the year.
* PENDRAGON: Britain's largest car dealership chain Pendragon said it did not expect to see any major change in the cost of new vehicles after Britons voted to leave the European Union, pushing down the value of sterling.
* FRESNILLO: Silver and gold miner Fresnillo Plc said its first-half core profit rose 49 percent, helped by a jump in prices and higher production.
* ROTORK: Valve-control systems maker Rotork Plc said it expected cost-cutting initiatives to support its full-year performance, as its clients tighten spending to combat weak oil prices. Continuación...