UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 3
(Adds company news items)
Aug 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening flat to up by 8 points on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down about 0.01 percent.
* The UK blue chip index closed 48.6 points lower on Tuesday at 6645.4 points as Britain's benchmark share index fell to a two-week low as the heavily weighted banking and energy sectors dropped.
* UK MIDCAPS: Goldman Sachs strategists said domestic-facing UK midcap stocks are not fully reflecting the worsening in the economy since the referendum.
* MONEYSUPERMARKET: Moneysupermarket.com Group Plc said Peter Plumb would step down as the price comparison website's top boss on or before May next year.
* RBS: Banco Santander has made an offer to take over Royal Bank of Scotland's Williams & Glyn business, a source familiar with the situation told Reuters on Tuesday.
* HSBC: HSBC said on Wednesday its core first-half profit fell 29 percent, slightly below estimates, as revenue at Europe's biggest bank was hit by slowing economic growth in its key markets of Britain and Hong Kong.
* TULLET PREBON/ICAP: Britain's competition watchdog Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has accepted in principle merger undertakings between Tullett Prebon Plc and ICAP. Continuación...