US STOCKS-Futures lower ahead of economic data
* Futures down: Dow 32 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 9 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Aug 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower ahead of a raft of corporate results and data, including a report on private-sector hiring.
* Futures were also pressured by U.S. crude prices, which remained below $40 per barrel amid oversupply fears.
* The ADP national employment report is expected to show that hiring in the private sector fell by 2,000 in July to 170,000 from the previous month. The report, which is seen as a precursor to the more comprehensive jobs data on Friday, is expected at 8:15 a.m. ET (1215 GMT).
* If the labor market is able to build on its recent strength, it could make the case for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates later this year.
* A report from the Institute of Supply Management is likely to show that its non-manufacturing index slipped to 56.0 in July from 56.5 in June. The report is due at 10:00 a.m. ET.
* Wall Street edged lower on Tuesday after weak auto sales and disappointing economic data spurred worries about the growth of the U.S. economy.
* Investors are also parsing company earnings to gauge the health of the U.S. economy. Of the 353 S&P 500 companies that have reported earnings so far, 71 percent have beaten analysts' estimates, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. Continuación...