UPDATE 3-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 4
(Adds company items)
Aug 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 6 to 11 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up over 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.2 percent at 6,634.40 points on Wednesday, with weaker commodities and property-related stocks offsetting an HSBC-led rally in banking stocks.
* AVIVA: British insurer Aviva posted a 13 percent rise in operating profit on Thursday, helped by a strong performance in its UK life insurance unit, although a rise in natural catastrophes led to a year-on-year rise in payouts.
* SAB/AB INBEV: Anheuser Busch InBev SA said the combined group after its deal to buy SABMiller Plc would be based in Leuven, Belgium, with its global functional management office in New York.
* SERCO: British outsourcing firm Serco Group Plc hiked its 2016 profit forecast for the second time this year, citing slightly higher-than-expected cost savings and the fall in the value of sterling increasing the earnings from its overseas contracts.
* JOHNSTON PRESS: Johnston Press Plc, the publisher of the Scotsman and the Yorkshire Post, reported a 27 percent fall in adjusted profit before tax as lower employment, property and motor classifieds hurt its earnings.
* COBHAM: British aerospace and defense company Cobham reported a plunge in first-half profit, as expected, after difficulties in its communications unit, and said it was on track to meet full-year expectations as earnings improve over the period. Continuación...