US STOCKS-Wall St opens little changed after BoE cuts rates
* BoE cuts lending rate to record low
* Weekly jobless claims rise to 269,000 vs est. 265,000
* Monthly U.S. jobs data expected on Friday
* Ball Corp rises on revenue growth
* Indexes: Dow up 0.16 pct, S&P up 0.04 pct, Nasdaq down 0.02 pct (Updates to open)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Aug 4 (Reuters) - Wall Street was little changed on Thursday after the Bank of England cut its main lending rate to a record low and revived its bond-buying program.
The BoE lowered the rate to 0.25 percent from 0.5 percent and said it would take "whatever action is necessary" to achieve stability in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits unexpectedly rose to 269,000 last week, but the trend continued to point to a healthy labor market. Analysts had forecast claims to drop by 1,000 to 265,000. Continuación...