UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 12
(Adds company news, futures)
Aug 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 9 points, or 0.13 percent, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.17 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 48.29 points higher on Thursday at 6914.71 points to post its sixth straight day of gains, with the market lifted to a 14-month high by energy companies and Coca Cola HBC.
* DAETWYLER/PREMIER FARNELL: Swiss technical and electronic components distributor Daetwyler on Friday left the door open for sweetening a bid for Britain's Premier Farnell after a rival offer submitted by U.S. group Avnet.
* SPEEDY HIRE: Speedy Hire Plc said its board "strongly recommends" shareholders vote against its largest investor Toscafund Asset Management LLP's demand to oust Executive Chairman Jan Astrand at the company's general meeting.
* SHELL: Wood Group and trade unions Unite and RMT have agreed to suspend strikes announced this Tuesday and restart the process to resolve a dispute over pay cuts and working conditions for Wood Group workers employed on Shell's North Sea oil and gas platforms.
* LLOYDS: Top investors in Lloyds Banking Group are concerned that chief executive Antonio Horta-Osório might leave the bank sooner than anticipated following press scrutiny of his private life and want its board to start looking for his successor.
* GLENCORE: Glencore has shelved plans to sell a copper mine in Chile that was expected to fetch about $500 million, after failing to achieve a high enough price, according to people familiar with the situation. Continuación...