UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 16
(Adds company news items)
Aug 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 14 points, or 0.2 percent lower, on Tuesday, according to spreadbetters, with futures down 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.4 percent higher on Monday at 6941.19 points, touching a fresh 14-month high after oil stocks rallied, with Sage Group recovering from an early fall after a data breach.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton reported a record $6.4 billion annual loss on Tuesday, hammered by a bad bet on shale, a dam disaster in Brazil and a commodities slump, but said it expects its free cash flow to more than double this year.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Chilean copper miner Antofagasta lowered its full-year spending budget while reporting a 2.3 percent rise in first-half core profit helped by cost cuts.
* UNILEVER: Unilever plans to buy Sweden's Blueair, stepping into the air purification business, the company said on Tuesday.
* WOOD GROUP: Oilfield services company John Wood Group Plc reported a 26.3 percent fall in first-half core earnings, hurt by weak demand from oil and gas producers.
* VODAFONE: Spark New Zealand said on Tuesday it was formally opposing a merger between Sky Network Television Ltd and Vodafone Plc's New Zealand unit, stating that Sky's monopoly on premium sports content rights in New Zealand is a key concern. Continuación...