UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 17
(Adds company news, updates futures)
Aug 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 7 points, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 47.27 points lower on Tuesday at 6893.92 points as the index slipped from a 14-month high due to higher-than-expected UK inflation data weighed on the market.
* LOOKERS: Lookers, which operates around 150 dealerships in Britain and Ireland, said on Wednesday the vote to leave the European Union has not had any major impact on sales of new and used cars.
* COBHAM/LAIRD: British aerospace and defence company Cobham said on Wednesday its chief executive Bob Murphy will step down by the end of the year and be succeeded by David Lockwood, the current boss of technology company Laird .
* ADMIRAL: Admiral Group Plc posted a 4 percent rise in first-half pretax profit, just shy of estimates, and said market volatility around Britain's vote to leave the European Union impacted the insurer's solvency ratio.
* BALFOUR BEATTY: Balfour Beatty Plc restarted dividends with a 0.9 pence interim payment and said it expected its business to reach industry-standard level margins over the following 24 months, showing promise of sustained growth after a turbulent few years.
* WM MORRISON: Britain's WM Morrison Supermarkets Plc said on Tuesday it had completed the sale of its 10 percent stake in U.S. online food retailer Fresh Direct for 45 million pounds ($58 million), more than two years after it announced the sale.
* TULLOW OIL: Ghana's state oil firm is prepared to sell crude from its new TEN field to the country's under-supplied refinery, instead of shipping it all offshore as it currently does, its chief executive said on Tuesday. Continuación...