UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 18
(Adds company news, updates futures)
Aug 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 42 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 30.5 points, or about 0.4 percent, ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 34.77 points lower on Wednesday at 6859.15, as a slump in Admiral shares dragged Britain's top stock index down further from 14-month highs, after the car insurer said that market volatility caused by Brexit had hit its solvency ratio.
* DAETWYLER/PREMIER FARNELL: Swiss technical and electronic components distributor Daetwyler said it resigned from a higher offer for Raspberry Pi mini computer maker Premier Farnell and that its prior offer will lapse on Aug. 21.
* KAZ MINERALS: Kazakhstan copper firm Kaz Minerals on Thursday said core first-half profit (EBITDA) rose to $115 million from $88 million a year ago, and its major new project Bozshakol was on track for commercial output in the second half.
* THOMAS COOK: British holiday company Thomas Cook said on Thursday it had signed a supply deal with Webjet for the Australia-based online digital travel services firm to source and contract hotels for a non-core part of its business.
* PREMIER OIL: Oil producer Premier Oil returned to profit in the first half of the year thanks to higher production that also allowed it to raise its full-year output target by four percent.
* NATIONAL GRID: Britain's energy regulator Ofgem has proposed scrapping some 185.4 million pounds worth of power and gas projects planned by network manager National Grid, it said on Thursday. Continuación...