UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on August 23
(Adds futures, company news items)
Aug 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 24 to 28 points, or 0.4 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue-chip index closed down 0.4 percent at 6,828.54 points on Monday, with commodity-related stocks leading the market lower following a drop in metals and crude oil prices.
* RANK GROUP: Casino operator Rank Group Plc said on Tuesday Britain's decision to leave the European Union would have little or no direct impact on its performance, days after it dropped its joint bid to buy bookie William Hill Plc.
* PERSIMMON: Britain's second largest housebuilder, Persimmon, said its reservation rate had risen an annual 17 percent since the start of July, shrugging off the impact of the Brexit vote, which some fellow builders have warned could slow the property market.
* KIER: Kier Group Plc said it had won three contracts worth over 5 billion pounds ($6.6 billion) to carry out construction in the UK since July, easing fears that work had stalled across the sector after Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
* NATIONAL GRID: Britain's power grid operator National Grid has cancelled a tender in which companies vie to be paid not to use electricity at peak times in the coming winter so power can be diverted to households, citing a lack of willing participants.
* BARCLAYS: Barclays Plc has mandated itself as sole bookrunner and structuring adviser for a U.S. dollar Reg S Additional Tier 1 offering. Continuación...