UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug. 24
(Adds company news items)
Aug 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 18-20 points, or 0.3 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.4 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.6 percent at 6,868.51 points on Tuesday, helped by a rise in housebuilders after strong results from Persimmon suggested that the sector was coping with the uncertainty from Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
* ONESAVINGS: OneSavings Bank Plc said it had increased its focus on professional landlords and tightened criteria on its smaller residential development finance and funding line businesses after Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
* WPP: WPP, the world's largest advertising group, reported a better-than-expected 3.8 percent jump in first-half net sales and nudged its revenue forecast higher on strong demand across the board for its services.
* GLENCORE: Glencore reported first-half adjusted underlying profit (EBITDA) down 13 percent at $4 billion, but said it was on track to cut debt through asset sales and set a new target to cut net debt to between $16.5 billion and $17.5 billion this year.
* ASTRAZENECA: Pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca said it had agreed to sell its small molecule antibiotics business to Pfizer in a deal that could reach more than $1.5 billion.
* SABMILLER: Aberdeen Asset Management said on Tuesday it was pleased a court had ruled SABMiller shareholders can be treated as two separate groups when they vote on a takeover by Anheuser Busch InBev, and still plans to reject the deal. Continuación...