US STOCKS-Futures flat as investors fathom Fed comments on rates
* Futures: Dow up 1 pt, S&P up 0.25 pts, Nasdaq flat
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Aug 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Monday as investors tried to decipher comments from top Federal Reserve officials on the timing of the next interest rate hike.
* Fed Chair Janet Yellen said on Friday the case for a rate increase was getting stronger, but provided little detail on when the central bank would next move.
* Vice Chair Stanley Fischer, in an interview with CNBC the same day, suggested that a move as soon as next month could be possible.
* The statements left investors skeptical about the central bank's motives, especially given that it has seldom followed its rhetoric with real action.
* The chances of a rate hike in September jumped to 33 percent from 21 percent, while the measure rose modestly to 44.4 percent from 41.4 percent for December, according to CME Group's FedWatch tool.
* Wall Street gained on Friday after Yellen's comments were seen as being less hawkish than expected, but ended lower after Fischer's remarks.
* The dollar index, which saw its best day in two months on Friday, was trading flat on Monday, while oil prices slipped more than 1 percent. Continuación...