UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 30
(Adds company news items)
Aug 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is expected to open 13-18 points, or 0.2-0.3 percent, lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures trading down 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 21.15 points, or 0.3 percent on Friday at 6,838.05, after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen indicated that a U.S. interest rate rise could come later this year, a relief for investors after last week's hawkish comments from some Fed policymakers.
* GLENCORE: Glencore Plc, the world's biggest thermal coal exporter, said on Tuesday a 55-year-old contract worker had died at its Newlands coal mine in Australia and it had suspended production at the mine.
* BHP BILLITON: The deadly collapse of a tailings dam last November at the Samarco mine, owned by Vale SA and BHP Billiton, was caused by drainage and design flaws, a report into Brazil's worst-ever environmental disaster showed on Monday.
* BP: BP has begun shutting in production at its Thunder Horse, Na Kika and Atlantis platforms in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico as a precaution against Tropical Depression Nine, according to a notification on the company's website.
* VECTURA: Respiratory drug specialist Vectura Group Plc said its asthma therapy Flutiform had not met the primary endpoint in a phase III trial carried out by its European partner Mundipharma.
* PETROFAC: British oilfield services company Petrofac Ltd on Tuesday named former BG Group executive Alastair Cochran as its finance head. Continuación...