UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 31
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
Aug 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 13 points, or 0.19 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.26 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.25 percent lower on Tuesday at 6,820.79 points, as a drop in major mining and housebuilding stocks weighed on the market.
* ARM: Shareholders in British technology company ARM approved its sale to Japan's SoftBank on Tuesday, marking the end of independence for the chip designer that powered the smartphone revolution.
* ASTRAZENECA: U.S. regulators said on Tuesday that AstraZeneca Plc will pay $5.52 million to resolve a foreign bribery probe into improper payments by its sales and marketing staff to state-employed healthcare officials in China and Russia.
* SHELL: Motiva Enterprises LLC said on Tuesday the division of its U.S. refining assets between Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Saudi Aramco (IPO-ARMO.SE: Cotización) would take place on April 1, 2017, months later than originally expected.
* PRUDENTIAL: Staff at British insurer Prudential are taking industrial action over plans to move 76 jobs to Mumbai from the southern English town of Reading, the Unite union said.
* BHP: Federal prosecutors investigating the deadly dam spill in November at the Samarco iron ore mine, owned by Vale SA and BHP Billiton , will decide in coming weeks whether to charge the company and executives, a prosecutor in the case said on Tuesday.
* CHESNARA: Chesnara Plc, an insurance-focused takeover specialist, reported a massive fall in first-half pretax profit, hurt by lower interest rates and the absence of gains from its acquisition of Dutch company Waard Group last year. Continuación...