UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept. 1
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
Sept 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 16 points, or 0.2 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.39 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 39.28 points, or 0.6 percent, on Wednesday at 6,781.51, hit by a late slump in the energy sector, although the index posted its third monthly gain in a row.
* HAYS: Hiring in Britain weakened significantly shortly after the June 23 vote to leave the European Union as private sector clients became hesitant to add new workers, recruiter Hays Plc said on Thursday.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: ANA Holdings Inc, Japan's largest airline, said on Wednesday it will modify all 100 Rolls-Royce engines on its fleet of Boeing 787 Dreamliners following three engine failures this year caused by corrosion and cracking of turbine blades.
* INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS: InterContinental Hotels Group Plc-owned Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants said an investigation had found a malware attack on servers that processed payment cards used at some of its hotels.
* SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell announced on Wednesday new natural gas discoveries in a concession area of north Alam El-Shawish in Egypt's western desert.
* POUNDLAND: Activist U.S. hedge fund Elliott Capital has raised its stake in British discount chain Poundland to 22.7 percent, putting it in a position to be able to block an agreed takeover by South African retailer Steinhoff. Continuación...